We employ talented, committed and dynamic people from a range of industry backgrounds to help drive our business forward. This could be the ideal career for you.
We are actively recruiting dynamic people who will be trained to present and run interactive workshops in schools to inspire young people (aged 7-18) in science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) and enterprise. Successful candidates will need to be reliable and flexible with good teamwork, communication and customer service skills.
All roles are based out of the Leicestershire area and the part-time positions have flexible hours to fit round existing work or educational commitments. The full-time position is a more senior role and will require additional team leadership and planning experience.
Can you help inspire a team of young people on the NCS programme?
Are you dynamic and confident with a passion for motivating young people?
National Citizen Service (NCS) is a government funded initiative for young people aimed at providing them with opportunities to take part in social action projects and build skills for work and life. It is the biggest personal development programme in England. NCS powered by Learn by Design are in the following areas: Luton, North Hertfordshire, Cambridge, Peterborough, Huntingdon, Stamford, Rushden, Bristol and Swindon.
- Inspiring the team of young people
- Gain respect and earn the trust of the young people
- Provide a level of pastoral care for the teams during the four week programme
- Work with other staff members and local groups as young people develop their Social Action Projects
- Report to and be supported by the Site Leader particularly regarding any challenging behaviour
- Attend and be part of Graduation
Necessary Skills: Essential
- Experience in working with young people, particularly aged 16-17
- Well organised and punctual
- Excellent communication skills, both with young people and other staff alike
- Above all, displaying a real enthusiasm for working with young people
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to vehicle
- Experience of engaging/working with youth groups, schools, or other community organisations
Dates: July – August 2016 for 4 weeks, various start dates available; must also be able to attend 2 days of training prior to employment.
- 10 days (5 x 2) working on the residential phases (food & accommodation provided)
- 8 days (4 x 2) based in a local town
Send a CV or contact:
Helen Donnelly at Learn by Design on 01827 316297
Email: NCS Recruitment Learn by Design