The Gatsby Charitable Foundation commissioned Sir John Holman in 2013 to research what pragmatic actions could be taken to improve career guidance in England. From this, he developed the Good Career Guidance Benchmarks.
The 8 Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance:
1. A stable careers programme
2. Learning from career and labour market information
3. Addressing the needs of each pupil
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
5. Encounters with employers and employees
6. Experiences of workplaces
7. Encounters with further and higher education
8. Personal guidance
View the full Good Career Guidance Report, created by Sir Jon Holman here.
We tick all the boxes!
As a key educational organisation, delivering inspirational programmes to schools throughout the UK, Learn by Design are committed to working to the Gatsby benchmarks standard. We understand the need for every young person to receive high-quality career guidance to make informed decisions about their future.
Learn by Design strive to deliver the very best advice and support through all of our educational materials, regularly reviewing our Education Communicators tactics, to make sure we are compliant with the benchmarks. From STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts & maths) workshops to Enterprise sessions, we tick all the boxes!
Find out more about the Gatsby benchmarks here.