About the Role
We are looking for an Events and Competitions Co-ordinator to join our Education Outreach Team.
We are looking for an Events and Competitions Co-ordinator to oversee the project management and administration of a number of these events and competitions. Responsibilities will include:
· Working with clients to develop concepts and content for events and competitions, including virtual offerings
· Liaising with schools to promote these opportunities
· Assisting schools in running their own events, for example STEM fairs
· All areas of event planning, including conducting pre-event site visits, timetabling, floor plans and on-the-day event management
· Engaging employers, further and higher education providers and career volunteers to exhibit at events or act as judges for competitions
· Ensuring evaluation procedures are in place
· Producing post-event reports
· Administrative tasks such as monitoring relevant email inboxes, managing bookings spreadsheets and the use of a CRM system
· Organisation and attention to detail
· Digital skills, good use of Microsoft office and ability to learn new software quickly.
· Ability to work independently on projects as well as collaboratively as part of a wider team
· Effective communication with a range of groups, from external clients and stakeholders to young people
· (Desirable but not required) Knowledge of and passion for education outreach, careers education, science communication or widening participation
Take a look at Learn by Design’s events and programmes here:
Salary - £22,000-£25,00 depending on experience pro rata
Working hours: 37.5 (flexible working and job shares will be considered)
Working location: Tamworth Office with some remote working and traveling for meetings.
Requirements: full driving licence
Start date: August or September 2021 depending on availability.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
Monday to Friday
Temporarily due to COVID-19
About the Company
Learn by Design is a market leading Education Outreach company that has been working since 1995 to provide schools, children and young people with enriching educational experiences. We often work on behalf of employers and public sector clients to develop and deliver exciting events, programmes and competitions aimed at raising young people’s aspirations or inspiring them into particular careers, pathways or sectors.