NCS Regional Sales Manager
We are looking for a charismatic and flexible individual to support the Head of Sales and lead our teams of Sales Coordinators in developing relationships with schools/colleges and recruiting young people (15-17-year olds) onto the government’s National Citizen Service (NCS) programme. It is imperative candidates have excellent leadership skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to motivate a geographically diverse team across the region.
The NCS Regional Sales Manager’s key responsibilities are: the day to day management of teams of Sales Coordinators across three regions, ensuring sales key performance indicators are achieved or exceeded, and supporting the Head of Sales to ensure Learn by Design’s NCS Sales team are market leading.
Location and Hours of Work
The NCS Regional Sales Manager will lead NCS Sales team in the South West, spanning Gloucester, Swindon, Salisbury, Bournemouth, Exeter and Bridgewater; as such, the role can regularly require a significant amount of driving (expenses, overnight accommodation, and subsistence are covered as required).
Due to the varying nature of engagements and events, the candidate will be required to work flexible hours. Learn by Design's Head Office is in Tamworth, with satellite offices around the country, including Bristol. The NCS Regional Sales Manager will be based in our Bristol office with some travel to Head Office.
• Achieve agreed targets for the recruitment of young people onto the NCS programme, actively monitor performance and key performance indicators, identify factors impacting on recruitment and take action to resolve.
• Work with the Head of Sales to develop and deliver a recruitment strategy for the NCS programme to ensure Learn by Design can fulfil our contractual targets nationally.
• Manage and lead the teams of Sales Coordinators across the regions, ensuring they are achieving targets and receiving the support required to do so.
• Maintain strong and productive relationships with our clients, with a view to ensuring Learn by Design’s sales team are market leading.
• Maintain or establish relationships with top performing
schools with the aim to continue to improve the levels of
participation from the cohort year on year.
• Work with the Head of Sales to set budgets and ensure all
activities are achieved within the agreed budget.
• Review sales events to ensure they are effective and, where
necessary, act to improve the quality of sales events.
• Recruit sales staff within the regions and support the national
recruitment of sales staff.
• Support the production of clearly defined, effective processes
and guides, to help Sales Coordinators share best practice
and achieve consistency across the national sales team.
• Support the NCS team and wider Learn by Design team with
other tasks as and when required.
• A proven track record in sales management
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• Experience of working with clients to deliver contracts
• Experience of process management and development
• Excellent line management skills, with a history of managing a
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to use own initiative
• Planning, organisational, and time-management skills
• Lots of drive, motivation, and passion to help young people
develop their skills
• Lots of determination, dedication, and resilience to meet targets
• Ability to work flexibly
• Experience of working in a fast-paced and demanding
• Previous experience of managing a geographically diverse
• Experience of working with schools/colleges/teachers
• Experience of working with 15-17-year olds
• Experience of designing or delivering training to staff teams
• Previous experience working on an NCS programme, ideally in
a sales role
National Citizen Service (NCS)
The NCS is the government's flagship youth programme for 15 to 17-
year olds, launched nationwide in 2013. Over 400,000 young people
have participated in NCS since it began, contributing millions of hours of
social action in the process.
Participants experience residential activities away from home and
team-based skill building sessions, before developing their own Social
Action Project designed to benefit their local communities. The
programme, in most instances, runs for three or four weeks
(weekdays) in the summer and in a condensed version at other times
during the year.
NCS aims to create a more cohesive, engaged and responsible
Holiday: 2 days holiday per full calendar month worked over the period
of employment + Public Holidays
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience.
Employment is subject to the provision of satisfactory references and
the completion of an enhanced DBS Check. All candidates must have
the right to work in the UK and have a full driving licence and access to
a vehicle which can be used for work.
Job Type: Full-time, fixed term contract
To apply please send a CV and cover letter (max 500 words). Any
applications without a cover letter will not be considered.