Huge success for The Big Bang West and East Midlands Fairs
Huge success for The Big Bang Fair West Midlands and The Big Bang Fair East Midlands.
2016 has been another huge year for successfully engaging over 3000 young people in STEM thanks to the Big Bang Fairs.
We would like to thank all the exhibitors, volunteers, teachers and young people who make this event an inspirational celebration of science, technology, engineering and maths.
Learn by Design are proud to be a part of promoting STEM in all its many forms and facets of education through workshops, shows and keynote speakers. The delivery of The Big Bang Near Me Regional Events are the showcase events that bring to life the interactive and innovative technology that is available for young people to explore today.
Take at look at the images from the day:
West Midlands Big Bang Fair #TBBWM2016 @TBB_WMidlands
East Midlands Big Bang Fair #TBBEM2016 @TBB_EMidlands
Here’s just a snapshot below of the feedback from the events:
“Fantastic opportunity much appreciated, Thanks to all exhibitors and particularly Learn By Design for their help and funding to make it happen.”
“This was our first Big Bang experience and we weren’t sure what to expect. We really enjoyed it and hope to now send groups to both events next year.”
“My group really enjoyed the day and it was a very positive learning experience for them.”
“Excellent – a wide range of excellent experiences.”
- Quality of STEM engagement/communication from exhibitors Excellent
- Variety of STEM experiences Excellent
- Quality and relevance of STEM careers messaging Excellent
- Quality and variety of school project work Excellent
- Quality of workshops available Excellent
- Quality of shows available Excellent
- Fun and WOW factor Excellent
- Buzz and excitement Excellent
General Event Organisation:
- Advertising of the event/s Excellent
- Pre-event communications Excellent
- General organisation on-the-day. Excellent
- Booking process for workshops/shows Excellent
“Children very happy, they discovered lots of new things.”
“We hadn’t been to this event before, so we were not totally sure what to expect. Having a toddler, I wasn’t sure how it would work out, but thanks to playdoh, Lego and trains, plus the animals, we were actually able to stay all day, which was great for myself and the older ones.”
“The coding workshop was excellent. The students were straight into activities and really engaged.”
“Visiting the Big Bang Derby was an inspiring experience, my son really enjoyed all the activities, workshops and shows. Also, the educational ratio was worth a day out off school.”