Robot Rumble - Mission to Mars
This workshop uses hi-tech VEX robotic equipment to develop teamwork, communication, technical, adaptability and problem-solving skills. Students are introduced to current real-world examples of robots (e.g. Mars Curiosity Rover), before taking part in the ‘Robot Rumble’. For this teams are challenged to adapt their robot with attachments, to complete a competitive task remotely and score the most points.
KS2 - KS3 - KS4
• Understand how robotics is implemented in the modern world and industry
• Develop skills in programming and problem solving (Vernie session)
• Consider the challenges engineers face and how they are linked to robotics
• Hands on challenge that teaches hand and eye co-ordination to work remote controls.
Links to Skills Builder Framework:
• Problem Solving
• Staying Positive
• Incorporate global industry robotic innovation into classroom learning
• Provide careers related learning within subject lessons
• Hands-on activity that develops the pupils’ ability to use cross curricular knowledge and skills, and work as team.
Sessions can be delivered to groups of 30 learners and lasts roughly 50 minutes. It can also be offered in a carousel school day if required.
We supply a resource kit which includes full building instructions and model pieces to build a VEX ROBOT allowing for a full hands on experience. (All equipment is cleaned to COVID specifications)
For a quote please email with student numbers and location.
Sessions can be adapted to suit school needs and requirements.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.