This highly interactive Wind Turbine session sees our Lead Renewable Energy expert communicator facilitate learners in constructing and testing a model wind turbine. Learners explore the principles around sustainability and the facts about renewable energy systems. Within the session learners use a voltmeter to test the results of their model.
KS2 - KS3 - KS4
• Understand the importance of electricity and its principles
• Describe the role of an engineer in bringing about access to electricity
• Consider the challenges engineers face to give people around the world access to electricity
• Design your own model wind turbine
• Incorporate global issues into classroom learning
• Provide careers related learning within subject lessons
• Hands-on activity that develops the pupils’ ability to use cross curricular knowledge and skills, and work as team
Sessions can be delivered to groups of 30 learners and can be offered in a carousel school day if required.
We supply a resource kit which includes full building instructions and model pieces to build a Wind Turbine allowing for a full hands on experience. (All equipment is cleaned to COVID specifications)
For a quote please email with student numbers and location.
Sessions can be adapted to suit school needs and requirements.
Email: email@example.com for more information.